Immigration Attorneys Who Can Help

The attorneys at Wichmer & Groneck, LLC, have more than 65 years of experience handling complex immigration law matters for clients in St. Louis, throughout Missouri and across the world.

Understanding Temporary Visas

Wichmer & Groneck, LLC, helps clients obtain temporary visas to work, visit or study in the United States. Our attorneys have the experience necessary to advise you as to which of the several temporary categories is the best fit for you and then obtain it for you.

Some visas last only a few weeks; some allow status up to seven years or more. Some categories allow you to work legally in the U.S.; others afford the ability to attend university, high school or vocational school. Some allow business startup or investment. Some temporary visas are even excellent stepping-stones to permanent residence.

What Are Common Temporary Visa Categories?

The following is a brief, nonexhaustive list of the most commonly used temporary visa categories:

  • B-1/B-2-visitors to the U.S. for pleasure or business
  • E-1/E-2-business investors or traders
  • F-1-students attending U.S. schools full time
  • H-1B-professional workers (typically those with bachelor or higher degree)
  • H-2B-temporary or seasonal workers
  • J-1-exchange visitors, usually to study or work in the U.S.
  • K-1-fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens
  • K-3-spouses of U.S. citizens
  • L-1-intracompany transferees who are managers or executives
  • M-1-students attending vocational schools
  • O-1-persons with extraordinary abilities in the arts, sciences or athletics
  • P-1-athletes
  • P-3-artistic or entertainment groups
  • R-1-religious workers or ministers

Wichmer & Groneck, LLC, can help you obtain the visa category that is right for you or assist you in the process of changing status from your current category to a new category. In appropriate cases, we can also obtain legal status and work authorization for your dependent family members.

For a recent article Tim Wichmer co-authored on H-1Bs and H-2Bs, see “Immigration — Temporary Workers for Business,” Corporate Law Update, Missouri Bar (2004).

Find Out How Our Experienced Attorneys Can Help You

Contact us online or call 314-863-1212 to arrange a consultation. Hablamos español.